Today I'd like to show you a little project that me and @urcoilbisurco have been working on for a while.
It's called CouchTalks, and it's a free service to create, edit and share lists.
Why did we create this?
1) For fun. We are students, and love creating and thinking new services/apps. We wanted to make something simple, yet interesting enough to build some experience on.
2) There's no service like this. Not on the whole planet. We wanted to try that out. (Update: actually, this is not completely true. There are a few services similar to us, although our approach is different.)
3) We wanted a way to share some points around a topic, without the need to create a new blog post just for that. Or to tweet 5 times in a row.
4) To have a place where to write down simple ideas. Let's say you've got a pretty good idea about a project: on Couchtalks you can post it as a list, adding second thoughts and reordering priorities (yes, lists are sortables).
No need to create a "new project" on your desktop app. No need to use post-it.
We are in search of feedback :)
This service is far from perfect: we did a bunch of mistakes during the making. Some have been fixed, others have been listed (:P) to be fixed later.. but we are pretty sure there are some that we simply "can't see".
If any of you wants to give it a try and help us out, it would be awesome!
What kind of techs do we use?
- Server side magic: Rails.
- Client side awesomeness: jQuery.
- Everything is built on top of Heroku (which is both magic and awesome).
We use some of the Amazon Web Services too (S3, and SES).
Will this make us gazillionaires?
Does my english suck?